Thursday, August 24, 2017

Views and Tacos

I got Lena Dunham's book from the library, and the book was on the fourth floor which I have never been too. I couldn't resist this picture. The view is just something I will never get used to. It's been too easy this summer for me to get focused on the heat and forget about all the beauty.
As I mentioned I've been eating lots of potatoes and lentils. And Lentils and potatoes. So last night I treated myself to tacos with no potatoes or lentils. These are refried bean and tofu tacos. I baked the tofu in the oven with a little taco seasoning from Trader Joe's. Shredded iceberg, green onion, nooch and hot sauce completed the tacos. These tasted so, so good. I realized it's been way too long since I've had tacos. I'm looking forward to cooler temps so I can feel more inspired to cook.
I have been loving all things lemon/lime this summer. So I knew I had to try this lemonade kombucha. It was pretty tasty.  Not as lemon-y as I expected, but still tasty. The GT's strawberry serenity is still my favorite flavor.
Here's Etta and Afro being sweet little cuddle muffins. They're comforting each other after I was mean and ran the vacuum! I am the worst!




17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those poor cute kitties! Mine hate the vacuum too. Your tacos look great. I've been on a nacho kick. I used to be a fan of rotel velveeta dip (pre vegan days) and have finally found a good recipe that tastes like it so I've been doing that a lot with refried beans. I might add some tofu too. Yours always sound so good. Love the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love Rotel too! I'd love the recipe! Nachos sound really really good right now!

      Delete
  2. I just started on the kombucha recently. Gingerberry is my current fave. I really don't like drinking anything berry-flavored. I love eating berries - but not drinking them.

    Oh, and those tacos look like they kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Gingerberry too. It's in my top five for sure!
      The tacos tasted soooo good, especially after eating so many potatoes!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, how dare you run the vacuum! Jk! :-) Those tacos look awesome.

    Have you tried brewing your own kombucha? I always have a batch brewing, and since I drink it daily, it saves me a ton of money! It's sooooo easy to make at home (and so affordable since the SCOBYs just keep on reproducing over and over).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to make my own booch, and at one point I had too many scobys to use! I really need to buy another kit because you're right, it's so much cheaper!

      Delete
  4. Those poor little kitties! Heh. Dim Sim is completely undisturbed by the vacuum these days.
    The tacos look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my kitties Joan isn't bothered by the vacuum, but the rest are TERRIFIED!!

      Delete
  5. Lemon and Lime are so refreshing during the summer so I definitely don't blame you!! That kombucha sounds delicious, I've never seen the lemonade flavor. Imagine mixing the lemonade with the strawberry! Yum.

    The tacos look absolutely delicious. I agree, once the weather cools down I'll definitely be more inspired to cook different things.

    Sweet fur babies! Love those cuddle bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And beautiful view! Books and views, it doesn't get better than that!

      Delete
    2. The lemonade and strawberry combined would be AMAZING!!!
      The views at the library are breathtaking. It definitely makes me love the library even more!

      Delete
  6. So glad I dont have carpet - hate terrifying everyone with the vacuum.

    Great job making yourself fancy Tacos! If I had a Taco Bell nearby, I would probably do the .99 Bean Burrito no cheese thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate terrifying everyone too! I dream of one day having hardwood floors to be honest!
      I had some bean tacos the next night, and it so reminded me of Taco Bell!

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure but I think there was blogger on this site called vegan power who posted quite regularly. Does anyone know where vegan power went? -Francene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photo outside of the window! LOVE all the angles and such! I haven't been able to find that lemonade GTs yet but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That library is so dreamy! Something about having a fourth floor! I feel like I could get a latte (or a big mug of hot tea) and spend a whole day there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing view from the library! Your tacos look great, and Etta & Afro look so cute cuddling together! :D

    ReplyDelete