Saturday, September 9, 2017

It's Caturday!!

Sorry for the dark picture but it's well dark out! Here are two of the kitties I feed. The one not eating on the left is the original cat I started feeding, and now three of them come around. The one that's eating is so sweet and timid, I am trying so hard to gain their trust so I can bring them inside before winter. They meow and are happy to see me, but they still won't let me touch them. I have come up with a system so I can continue to feed them without any fines. I set my alarm for 11 p.m. and put a dish out for overnight. Then I set my alarm for three and feed them. That way no one can see us and tell. It has been an adjustment and I am definitely feeling tired, but it's worth it. They wait for me and rely on me. Animals aren't like humans. They can't go to a shelter or a food bank for food. There is no way I'm stopping feeding them.

Here's an outside shot of Kanye watching me feed the kitties. It really drives her nuts and she has to keep an eye on the situation at all times.
I made this delicious green chili mac and cheese with cannelini beans. I made my usual sauce with lite coconut milk and nooch, and added a can of fire roasted green chilis from Trader Joe's. So so good. And it was so creamy I didn't even miss the vegan cheese. I doused it with green dragon sauce of course!

And because today is Caturday, here is Afro and her fluffy self lounging like the Queen she is!
I'm starting a new job on Monday, and even though it's a crap job as usual, it pays a little more and has nothing to do with food which is really all that matters. My budget will still be tight, but a little less so. I want to get creative in the kitchen again. I also need to make sure I can afford any possible fines I might get! Ha!
Happy Weekend!




9 comments:

  1. Good for you for continuing to feed the kitties! I'm sure they are so grateful to you & will become more comfortable around you as time goes by. That's hilarious that Kanye feels the need to supervise the proceedings, haha! Your mac & cheese looks great! And Afro is so, so floofy! Good luck with your new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good person to take care of those kitties like you do. Hoping you get to bring them in this winter. Good luck with your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you blogging again and good luck with the new job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kitties are so luck to have you to look out for them. <3
    Good luck with the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really amazing that you are going out of your way to feed that kitties. They are so lucky to have found such an amazing person to care for them.

    Congrats on the new job! That is great news! Good luck, I hope your first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stealthy Rebel Ninja! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the stray cats trust you enough soon! Waking up in the middle of the night like that stinks!

    Congrats on the new job! More money is always great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear about the new job. Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete