Sunday, November 5, 2017

Thrifting, Soyrizo Mac and Cheese and Cats!!!

I went thrifting yesterday. Well, I only went to one thrift store but I got some cute stuff including these two mugs. They were seventy five cents each!! I also got some glasses, two plates and some pictures for my walls. I spent fifteen dollars and got a lot. There is a chain of thrift stores here in SLC called Deseret Industries and they practically give the stuff away. I saw a couch and an end table for so cheap, but alas I don't know anyone with a truck.
When I got home I was doing some rearranging and hanging pictures and all that and got around to making dinner later than I had planned so my delicious soyrizo mac and cheese got it's picture taken in my horrible kitchen lighting and it doesn't do the dish justice! I'm not going to post the full recipe because I've posted my basic mac and cheese recipe twice I think. Here is my basic recipe if you are interested! I just sauteed a half package of soyrizo, added one can of black beans and then added the cheese sauce and beans and soyrizo to my cooked pasta and let it simmer for about two minutes, then added it to a casserole dish with a half cup of shredded daiya cheese and some cilantro and scallions and let it bake for about twenty minutes. It was SO GOOD!!!!!
I had mine with a dollop of bitchin sauce and half an avocado. The bitchin sauce has a decent amount of lemon juice so I kind of used it as a sour cream. This was rich and cheese-y and comforting and just a little spicy. A perfect rainy Saturday night meal!!!
This is the scene in my room as I type. I rearranged my room yesterday and at first they were super annoyed with me and the whole situation. But I think we can all see by the picture that they're over it and they now approve of the changes! Look at Joan, always a little away from the pile. Miss Independent!



10 comments:

  1. Looks like a delicious dinner! That's so sweet how everyone's hanging out on the bed together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when they all hang out together! It makes it hard to stay out of bed though!

      Delete
  2. Glad the mac and cheese lived up to your hopes! It sounds excellent for a rainy night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great meal for a rainy night! It is getting to be that time of the year!

      Delete
  3. Love the mugs! I like to go thrift shopping too. My daughter volunteers at one that helps the needy. They sell items then use the money to help people with utilities and groceries etc. Anyway, I have to stay out of there because I'm always bringing too much home! Food looks awesome and kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a really great thrift store. It is easy to get too much stuff because the prices are so amazing, and you find such cool stuff!

      Delete
  4. Cute mugs! ALWAYS cute kitties! And YUMMERS to the dish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mugs. It'll be so cheery to drink your tea and soup from them. You must take photos of your artworks as well.

    I love thrift shopping! I think I'm Fairfield County CT's Goodwill queen. Kitties are too cute. What's that little red rectangle by Roxy's head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift shopping is one of the best things ever, even if I were a millionaire I would still do it.
      The red rectangle is a stuffed newspaper toy. The white one is Afro's absolute favorite toy, and the red one is kind of a community favorite.

      Delete