Sunday, November 12, 2017

What I Ate on a Day Off

Yesterday I had the day off and I stayed at home and got caught up on stuff around the home and also took a much needed Epsom salt bath. I figured it was a perfect day for a What I Eat in a Day post! Not that my food was super exciting or anything. I was still kind of tired so I didn't go crazy in the kitchen or anything.
I started my day with some Chai tea from Trader Joe's. I am still trying to go easy on caffeine, but I have found that most days I at least need some black tea. After my Chai I had this turmeric gold tea. It's one of the best turmeric teas I've tried. It has lemon in it which mellows the turmeric.
For breakfast/lunch I had a giant russet potato cut into wedges and seasoned with Creole seasoning. I made a dipping sauce of green dragon sauce mixed with some vegan mayo. Oven fries forever one of my favorite simple meals.
I had some ginger kombucha a little bit after breakfast while cleaning. Behind the kombucha is another picture I got at the thrift shop. It looks really crooked but it isn't. Just a weird angle.
I swear blueberries+spinach= ugliest smoothie ever! But it tasted great. Before my bath I had a blueberry, banana, spinach and maca powder smoothie. Trader Joe's now sells maca powder and it's $4.99 a bag which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere.
For dinner I sauteed some mushrooms in a little bit of coconut oil and then added a can of jackfruit and some soyaki and schezwan sauce and let that simmer while my rice cooked. After I turned off the heat I added some frozen edamame and let those heat through. And also green onion. This was so yum. I really like mushrooms and jackfruit together. The lighting is so terrible! The combination of it getting dark earlier and my schedule being later it's making for some pathetic pictures!
For dessert I had some Ben&Jerry's coconut seven layer bar ice cream. It's so freaking good you guys. I love the caramel and also the graham cracker bits. I wanted to binge watch something last night, but I couldn't stay awake for long enough. Anyway it was a pretty good food day. Today I plan on doing some cooking. I'm behind on podcasts so a cooking podcast day sounds like the best kind of day!
Uh Oh Kanye it looks like someone else might be wanting to get in on some of that heating action! Notice Kanye's back paws are keeping Afro at bay!
Happy Sunday!






10 comments:

  1. Very nice eats!!! I hope you had a nice day off! I was finally able to get some groceries today! YAY! I will be blogging about them in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Kanye and Afro are so cute! I love WIAIAD's and the oven fries look oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so sweet! The fries were great. I swear I could eat fries everyday!

      Delete
  3. That print (hanging behind the kombucha) is really beautiful. Very unique. Sounds like the apartment is definitely coming together. Out of curiosity, what are the words running around the inside of your heart mug?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's amazing what a few new/used items can do to a room!
      The words are love,amour,amore,amor. It makes me feel happy!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you got a much needed day off. It looks like you were definitely taking care of yourself with your eats. I've been enjoying a lot of tea lately too. I really want to try making a turmeric latte. I've heard they are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one awhile ago and added way too much turmeric! I want to try to make another one too because they are definitely popular.

      Delete
  5. Those are some determined little back paws!
    We have the Pukka brand here and I have been looking for the turmeric one for ages, but yet to find it.
    Cooking and listening to podcasts sounds like an excellent way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete