Monday, November 6, 2017

Work Foodz

I saw this Szechuan sauce somewhere and had to buy it. Anyone who has been reading this blog for awhile knows that I love spicy! I marinated some extra firm tofu in the sauce all day while I was at work. Letting tofu marinate for eight plus hours is highly recommended! Let it marinate and bake in the same dish, easy peasy!

This was my at work snack. I can't get enough of this vanilla bean cashewgurt. The vanilla and lemon are my favorite flavors. In the time it took me to eat this yogurt I directed three people to the restroom, and one person as they were coming out asked me where something was! Sometimes I just want to hide in a bathroom stall with my feet on the toilet on my break. High school style!
It was all okay when I got home though because my tofu was all happy and ready for the oven. I let it bake for about thirty minutes and made some Jasmine rice to go along and had an amazing late night dinner!
The sauce is definitely spicy! I always add sriracha to my dishes and trust me none was needed here. This was a nice and easy meal that felt fancier than it really was.
I feel like my food is a little boring five nights out of the week, but I also hope it shows that vegan food can be easy and affordable. I hear a lot of people saying they thing veganism is complicated or takes major planning and it makes me gag because it just so isn't true. Hopefully my simple meals showcase that. I've said it a million gazzillion times, but any diet can be complicated and expensive.

Look at this cuteness! Afro is cuddling Kanye's little paw! These two get into some of the cutest little sleeping positions!

12 comments:

  1. Paw snugs! I die from cute!!
    That is so annoying that you can't have a proper break when eating at work. At my work, even if vets are eating lunch we still have to answer calls and do things. Sometimes I like to leave the clinic for lunch, just so I can have a decent little break away to switch off for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They are sooooo cute!!
      It is important to be able to switch off. I can feel the irritation building inside when I'm not able to do that.

      Delete
  2. SCORE on the sauce! The dish(es) look wonderful as usual! I know what you mean about people saying 'it's expensive' and I almost did a post on that today but didn't want to get huffy-puffy on a Monday more than I already was! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce is so good, but it is spicy!!
      Ha ha a little huffy puffy is good for the soul!!

      Delete
  3. Your dinner looks amazing; it might be a bit too spicy for me, though, haha!
    Cuddle cuteness! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely spicy. I was surprised by how spicy it was!

      Delete
  4. I really need to try marinating tofu - thanks for the inspiration! I know how you feel - I don’t have any “alone time” breaks while at work. We don’t even have faculty bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marinating the tofu makes such a difference! The flavor is so much more intense I love it!
      It's so hard to not get alone time. It's pretty important for mental health! No faculty bathrooms?

      Delete
  5. I see that San-J brand all over the place. I think they even sell it at the Asian Grocery Store I go to a couple of times a year, but I'm pretty sure I've never bought anything made by them. That sauce looks pretty yummy, though. I might have to pick some up next time I see it.

    You didn't even mention the ultimate cutest part of that photo - Afro's tightly curled little toes poking out above Kanye's back. Dying from the cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of people buy the San J tamari sauce. I think their sauces are popular with the gluten free crowd because all their sauces even the soy sauce are gluten free.
      I know her little back toes are so cute!

      Delete
  6. Seriously the marinate tofu all day trick changed my life! Your sauce looks way too spicy for me though... i usually use the TJs soyaki and then add some veggies before roasting and they get some of the excess sauce in the pan.
    That break room situation is really lame, but I'm glad the cashew yogurt is working out as a snack. The kittie cudles are too cute!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete