Monday, February 12, 2018

Come Back Taste

I made more gluten free brownies yesterday. I've had a difficult weekend emotionally speaking and I guess I wanted to eat some feelings. The only problem is that they aren't really worth the calories since I can't taste anything. I did have a few anyway, my heart knew they were brownies! I'll take the rest to work since my co-workers seem to love vegan treats!
I think I've mentioned that in my pregan days I loved horseradish cheddar cheese. I used to buy it in the fancy cheese section of Safeway in Seattle, Ballard to be more exact. Anyway I have some horseradish in my fridge and I had some cashews soaking so I decided to make horseradish mac and cheese. I was going to write down a recipe, but I realized recipes are probably best when you can actually taste! But I just made a cashew cheese sauce and added some horseradish. I also made some BBQ soy curls on the side.
Someone on the gram commented that it looked good, but also looked like BBQ chicken! I couldn't tell if they were trolling or not. To make the soy curls I just soaked them in warm water for ten minutes, then put them in a baking dish with BBQ sauce. I covered the dish in foil and baked at a low temp, maybe 325 for like 45 minutes. I often hear low and slow when it comes to meats and BBQ and all that so I figured that was a good route to take. Now taste wise I might be a little fuzzy, but texture wise these were amazing! Chewy but not tough they were perfect. I feel like these would make any meat eater happy. I'm pretty sure this was a delicious meal, and when I can taste again I will remake and share the recipe!
Here is a very close up of my gorgeous Etta! This was a day last week where I was sick in bed all day. All my girls cuddled and I got a chance to get a picture. Doesn't she look so soothing?



6 comments:

  1. Chocolate actually can fix a lot of things! And i’m sure your coworkers will appreciate any you bring in. Horseradish cheese sounds fabulous! There’s a horseradish mustard i love and sometimes it’s really mild and other times it’s crazy spicy!
    Hope you’re getting all the sleep you can and on the up and up
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horseradish mustard too!!
      I feel like a human again, I'm almost all the way better but not quite. This cold likes to hang on for dear life!

      Delete
  2. The BBQ soy curls look so good! I really need to try that. I'm not usually a huge fan of BBQ flavor but I feel like that would be amazing. The brownies look amazing too! Definitely some great comfort food going on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so, so good! You could make the soy curls with other sauces too, like soyaki or anything like that. Today I'm going to make a potato and soy curl curry. They're so good!

      Delete
  3. That is such a great looking and sounding dinner. Plus brownies. You get an A++ in comfort fooding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added horseradish!

    ReplyDelete