Friday, February 9, 2018

Hippeas Vegan White Cheddar Puffs

I thought since I'm sick and not eating much I would take this time to do a review of the Hippeas snack puffs I tried recently.
These puffs are vegan, gluten free, Kosher, Non GMO, with no funky preservatives. They also don't use palm oil which I am trying very hard to avoid. They are made with chickpea flower and rice flour and seasonings and such. In total I count fifteen ingredients and that includes seasonings!
They have a much denser texture than say a Cheeto puff.They don't have that airiness, these have a bite.I don't see nutritional yeast in the ingredients so it doesn't have the usual cheese-y flavor that a lot of vegan cheese snacks do. Yet they do have a cheese-y tang, and a great crunch. These would be great for dipping in hummus!! Keep it all in the chickpea family!
 I feel like the earth Balance puffs kind of slap you in the face with flavor, these give you a gentle hug. One serving has 130 calories, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein,
I really enjoyed these puffs. Natural Grocers also ha a BBQ an sriracha flavor so I hope to try those flavors as well.
I would say the only downside to these snacks is the price. They are a little under four dollars for a bag, and the bag is only 4 oz. If you have a big family or are having a gathering one bag wouldn't go very far. So for me these are definitely a rare treat, but I will say they are definitely worth the splurge.
Thank you for all the kind words wishing me well. I hope to better soon. This thing is really holing on for dear life and uuuggghhh. But the kind comments cheer me up tremendously.



9 comments:

  1. I'd really like to try these. But I can't remember if I have seen them somewhere here, or if I have just seen them on the internet on US blogs. Ooops! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! I hope you can find them, they're pretty tasty!

      Delete
  2. Hippeas are widely available over here but I've only seen them in small 22g bags. All the flavours are good but the cheese ones and the sweet and smokin are my faves. Dipping them in hummus is a great idea. Hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I want to try the BBQ flavor next, which must be sweet and smokin. Thank you, I'm still achy but on the mend I hope!

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed these! Your review is totally spot on, and i bet they would be great with hummus. I’ve bought them a few times but when on a good sale since they’re pricey.

    I hope you’re fighting that nasty bug that got you, sometimes just staying in bed and sleeping all you can is the best way to deal!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely pricey so for me these will definitely be a sometimes treat. But they are tasty!
      I have been trying to take all the rest I can. I think it's helping. I'm slowly getting better.

      Delete
  4. "These would be great for dipping in hummus!! Keep it all in the chickpea family!"
    XD Chickpea overload! lol Nothing wrong with that ^__~ Makes me think when people make a cheesy potato sauce and pour it on their potatoes, sounds weird but so tasty! Bummer about the price though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with them 😍 They are amazing and worth every penny!!They are not only very tasty they are a healthy snack and no animal was hurt in making them!! Friends not food ♥️πŸ·πŸ„πŸ‘πŸ¬πŸ¦€πŸ₯πŸŒπŸΈπŸ‡

    ReplyDelete